Carmel Sets Traditional Trick-Or-Treat Hours on Halloween
The City of Carmel has announced that the official hours of trick-or-treating in the City will be Tuesday, October 31 from 5 to 8 p.m. Homes welcoming trick-or-treaters should turn on their porch lights. If you do not wish to participate, or run out of candy, please turn off your porch lights.
While there are many neighborhoods and other organizations that hold their own Halloween events and celebrations, we encourage those who want to trick-or-treat door-to-door to use the City’s official hours to do so.
The City would also like to remind its citizens of a few guidelines and proper safety procedures to follow for a safer celebration. While preparing for Halloween festivities, there are several important safety tips to keep in mind.
- Motorists should drive with extra caution and keep an eye out for “little goblins” roaming the neighborhood.
- Adults should always accompany their children and use a flashlight at night, staying within their own neighborhood and known homes. The use of glow sticks or reflective tape on costumes can also help with visibility.
- Watch for traffic before crossing any street.
- Avoid costumes that are long, which could cause tripping or costumes that have hard plastic or wood props like swords that could be a hazard.
- Face paint is often a safer alternative to masks that may obstruct vision.
- It is also important to inspect candy before allowing children to have it; dispose of any candy that is unwrapped.
Reminder: Early trick-or-treating this Saturday
Looking to get more use out of this year’s Halloween costume? Join us this Saturday for trick-or-treating throughout Carmel’s central districts for The Arts in Autumn and Allied Solutions’ Meet Me on Main. Grab a complimentary bag at one of two City of Carmel booths in Midtown or Anthony’s Chophouse Plaza and visit participating locations in Midtown, the Indiana Design Center and Carmel’s Arts & Design District.
Date: October 12, 2023
Contact: Nancy Heck
(317) 571-2474 or [email protected]