Carmel Sets Traditional Trick-Or-Treat Hours for Halloween
CARMEL, IN – The City of Carmel has announced that the official hours of trick or treating in the City will be Sunday, October 31 from 5 to 8 p.m. Homes welcoming trick or treaters should turn on their porch lights. If you do not wish to receive trick or treaters or have run out of candy, please turn off your porch lights. While there are many neighborhoods and other organizations that hold their own Halloween events and celebrations, we encourage those who want to trick or treat door-to-door to use the City’s official hours to do so.
Parents and guardians should be aware of the current COVID-19 recommendations put forth by the CDC and the Indiana State Department of Health.
The City would also like to remind its citizens of a few guidelines and proper safety procedures to follow for a safer celebration. While preparing for Halloween festivities, there are several important safety tips to keep in mind.
- Motorists should drive with extra caution and keep an eye out for “little goblins” roaming the neighborhood.
- Adults should always accompany their children and carry a flashlight at night, staying within their own neighborhood and known homes.
- Watch for traffic before crossing any street.
- Avoid costumes that are long, which could cause tripping or costumes that have hard plastic or wood props like swords that could be a hazard.
- Face paint is often a safer alternative to masks that may obstruct vision.
- It is also important to inspect candy before allowing children to have it; dispose of any candy that is unwrapped.